Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meet Some of My Friends!

The last two days have been crazy. Here at Vilhelm Kiers Kollegium we have a full working bar and so Alejandro (aka Alex) organized a party here and invited all the international students plus everybody who lives here. It was INSANE! There were tons of people here (I won't guess but at least 200+) and it started around 8 and ended around 4:30am. It was really really fun and it was nice to not have to walk home or get a taxi from Downtown. Elliot made a hat with a Danish flag on it (see it in the flickr photos) and it ended up as the rotating hat. Nobody's sure where it ended up but pretty much everybody wore it at some point. Sparklers and Glow Sticks made an appearance at one point as well as Limbo.. nobody's sure where those came from either. Put briefly we all enjoyed more than one adult beverage, some more than others. It was great fun.

Last night Studenterhus Aarhus hosted a party for us with BBQ and drinks at the bar there. It was awesome and there were tons of people there. Around 11:30 some of us left to go downtown. We went to Sam's Bar (modeled after the Cheers bar from the TV show) first and then went over to Social Club which is one door down. Social Club was AMAZING and it was packed. We danced to Danish and American music and it was really really hot but really fun! I even ran into the guy who lives next door to me, Rasmus. Nikki Lacey and I left around 3 and got a taxi home. I'm sure the boys were there until closing time.

So I thought I should go over some of my friends here so you guys don't get too confused.
I'll just explain those who are on the flickr photo page.

Alejandro (aka Alex)- from Munich
Elliot- born in London, lives in Belfast
Daniel-from Australia
Hayley- also from Australia
Heidi- from London
Jake- from San Francisco
Jeff- from Toronto
Jordan- Jake's girlfriend. She has to go back to the States tomorrow; we're all going to miss her!
Jordi- from Barcelona
Kenny- my first Danish friend! He lives down the hall from me
Lutz- from Berlin
Marco- from Italy
Thise- from Austria
Nikki- from California
Lacey- from California

We leave for Barcelona Wednesday morning. The group consists of me, Lacey, Nikki, Daniel, Sally, Jess, and Nick (all from Australia). I am more than excited! We'll be in Barcelona for 5 days and Girona for 2.
There's a trip planned for Greece at the end of September which should be amazing as well.

Hope everybody has been surviving the heat! The weather here has been great. Other than a few days with rain it's been 70 degrees or so and at night it gets down to about 50. I'm sure you guys are jealous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment